Monday, May 25, 2009

Arriving to Rayavadee Island via a John Deere


To get from one private island to another, one would think you’d take a boat. Nope! You take a vehicle two hours, a speed boat 25 minutes, then a John Deere for 5 minutes. It’s low tide and the arrival beach at Rayavadee is a muddy mess! The speed boat stops about 100 yards away, a smaller boat fetches you and that smaller boat is tied to a tractor. The tractor takes you onto land. Crazy! 

Our beach villa is amazing. It has a wooden spiral staircase to the second level. It’s like a little condo. And there is TV--two of them. This excites Erik to no end. I am not sure what he is more excited about: the tv or the fact there is meat on this island!

Before dinner, I decide to check out the spa....three massages in one day cannot be that bad! I can give up the limited alcohol, the no meat, but I am not as eager to let the massages go. I decide on the 105 minute “Rayavadee Signature Massage.” The description says “muscle relaxation with a heated herbal pouch.” Sounds similar to the Kra Po Thai Massage to me....oh well, I decided to give it a whirl. 105 minutes of pure heaven. I can really get used to this.


No comments:

Post a Comment