Thursday, November 25, 2010

My new look


I have to say, that only after a few hours in Rabat, I already like it better than Marrakech. It's smaller, less chaotic, cleaner, and the people don't hassle you! So lovely!

I reserved my first "hammam" for tomorrow. And tomorrow is Friday--"Couscous Day." (I guess it's the equivalent of Sunday Spaghetti Day). Regardless, I'm super excited.  I've learned that couscous is best served in the riads--not in a restaurant, as it is a made-to-order dish, made mostly for family/friends.

And speaking of riads, Riad Kalaa is beautiful! It's an old 1815 riad--a townhouse built around a central courtyard--with a rooftop terrace and swimming pool. I thought Riad La Terrasse des Olivers in RAK was great--this one is better. And I *know* the riad in Fes will be spectacular as it is a Relais & Chateaux property (oh la la!)

And to celebrate couscous day tomorrow, I'll buy a proper Moroccan jellaba. I tried one on today...and I shouldn't be surprised that the "one-size-fits- all" theory, (again) doesn't apply to me. But I will make do, as they do not come in children sizes and I don't have time for alterations.

No comments:

Post a Comment