Friday, May 29, 2009

There is no sea access from this island


I am staying at a new 6 star property, Capella Singapore. It opened less than two months ago and is absolutely amazing. I'm sitting in the lap f luxury, yet it feels like Alcatrez. And my ATL friends, I am not referring to Miggie and Smoochie's old apt.

Singapore is an island. Off off this island of Singapore is another island, Sentosa island. That is where I am. The view is of this amazing turquoise water for miles and a few Indonesian island on the far off distance. There are also oil tankers, and construction, and the LongShoreman cranes. Loos like my view as I lay on my home beach of Long Beach. There are "fake islands" off the coastline so the resort beaches are "preserved" from the erosion of waves. I cannot even walk down to teh beach that I can see from my room because itis fenced off. I am n an island, but cannot swim in the sea. Anyone else find this ironic?

No comments:

Post a Comment